Since the first guide dog partnerships were created in 1931, Guide Dogs has helped tens of thousands of blind and visually impaired people to achieve life-changing independence. This has only been possible thanks to the generosity of our supporters and dedication of our staff and volunteers.
Our iconic guide dog service is at the heart of what we do, but in recent years, we have expanded our services to help thousands more people with different needs to lead confident, independent and fulfilling lives.
- We currently have over 5,000 life-changing guide dog partnerships.
- A range of services and activities for children and young people, providing valuable advice for parents and teachers.
- The My Guide service equips volunteers with the skills to become a sighted guide to help people get out of their homes and back into community.
- Working with others to influence the design of new technologies to meet the needs of people with sight loss – enabling them to make many more choices about where they go and what they do.
- Campaigning for the rights of people with sight loss to enable better access to public transport, town centres and other services.
By donating today, you can change a life forever.